- The provision of this admission policy are subject to their meeting the requirements of The Constitution of the Republic of South Africa and all applicable legislation including the stipulations of the South African Schools Act and the Western Cape School Education Law.
- No pupil will be refused admission to Westerford on grounds of race, religious belief or financial circumstances.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that the ratio of boys and girls in each standard remains approximately equal.
- Learners must have an adequate command of English, the language of instruction at Westerford.
- All applications for Grade 8, must be submitted by the last day of the 1st term of the year prior to admission
- Where selection becomes necessary because the number of applicants exceeds the number of available places, selection shall be based on the following criteria:
- Preference will be given to siblings, except where this is not in the best interests of the child;
- Preference will be given to applicants to whom Westerford is the nearest high school provided that application is submitted in time;
- Preference will be given to applicants with a record of academic success in identified areas;
- Preference will be given to applicants with a record of involvement or who demonstrate an interest in one or more of the cultural and sporting activities which form part of Westerford's co-curricular programme;
- Special provision will be made in the selection process for applicants from educationally disadvantaged communities;
- The capacity of the school to provide an acceptable quality of education to the applicant; this provision applies particularly to applicants with special needs;
- The age of the pupil;
- Preference will be given to children of past pupils of Westerford.